Tuesday, December 4, 2012

an expedition to the Museum


my first in many moons.
I had been to this particular one about a year ago, a week before it actually opened because i can't be bothered to verify such things before excursioning.
So. Loaded up the new saramobile with the Bean and myself and we voyaged to the Wal-Mart Cultural Manifestations for Proletarian Consumption Compound.
It's free don'tcha know!
But since you all are scattered far and wide across the internets and may not be within journeying distance I took pictures which I hereby share.
Big Metal Tree

The Museum



a model of the Museum made of toothpicks


Blue Morpho

I forget what these were called

What a large head you have!



Settling differences of opinion with a spirited game of Rock, Paper, Scissors

Bear beats scissors

Touchdown! |
(I know nothing of sports)

it's OK if the brushstrokes show

"Why cain't ya jes' paint sump'n Purdy, like Flaaars?"



these things are familiar

Big Scary Factory

Those PBJ's are good for the biceps

Maxfield Parrish(!)

Lotus of Divinity

the NO SMOKING signs were very prominent




the token "well I could do THAT!" piece

I saw this in a book once

 ....at which point my camera batteries ran out.
But in the spirit of sharing treasures with a wider audience, here's one of my own favorite things:  A fish-mouthed vessel, made by an artist who imprinted its ceramic surface with fossilized shells that are part of the dirt in Texas. Most recently used to keep spare change.
sufficient unto the day are the funds thereof

1 comment:

  1. I have been culturally stimulated at the breakfast table.

    OSM
    (I think I used to work in that big scary factory)

    ReplyDelete