Friday, April 1, 2011

Stuff i did a long time ago

Detail; this is a painted bunting (male). We actually have a nesting pair near the house.

Autumn Lady

Reinga's Road. At the top is Cape Reinga Lighthouse, located at the northernmost point of New Zealand's North Island. Reinga means "Soul's Leap" as this was in the Maori tradition the point at which souls embarked to return to Hawai'iki, their ancestral homeland. As told to me by an informative pamphlet i found someplace touristy.

Summer Lady. I think this one got lost in a friend's unclaimed storage unit. I hope not, but maybe someone will find her & enjoy.

I miss making my big Lady Paintings! These are all 3x5 feet so I can't really keep them around, and of course nobody ever buys them. But there are plenty more inside my head, PLENTY MORE I TELL YA! There's a Dawn Lady and Midnight Lady, and you should see Spring Lady, she's AWWWESOME. I would very much like to paint her. I will barter & trade for useful things btw.

No comments:

Post a Comment