Thursday, December 29, 2011

An Ornithological Mystery

Who pooed this poo?
Was it an eagle, an owl, a green winged teal?
A linnet, a limpet, a hoopoe, a bat? (Bats=Birds?)
An Ibis, an egret, an egress?
(I know nothing of birds*)

Whatever it was, it was massive.
A moa? A roc? A Pteranodon?
(Dinosaurs=Birds, I have this on good authority)

I'd like to issue a rebuttal of this scathing critique of my architectural prowess, But I've no clue whether to direct my outrage to a Stork or a Sparrow or a Starling.

Any information will be rewarded with slice of Lemon Meringue Pie
(if there's still any left)
I made it last night and had a slice before bed. During the night I think pixies got into it; they helped themselves to another slice. Apparently they liked it, as it is now bedizened with fairy jewels, cabochons of amber and topaz and scintillating citrines. (i know a lot about Shiny Things)

*this rambling is dedicated to the prose of Mr Frank Key, more of which can be heard here

**UPDATE** there's no more pie. Sorry.

3 comments:

  1. Regarding "Bats = Birds?", the answer is "Yes", according to the Bible, where bats are included in the list of "unclean birds" along with eagles, ossifrage, ospreys, vultures, gledes, kites, ravens, owls, great owls, little owls, hawks, nighthawks, cuckoos, cormorants, swans, pelicans, gier eagles, storks, herons, lapwings, ostriches, peacocks and bitterns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know. They do look rather suspicious too, hanging upside down like that. Not normal birdlike behavior at all!

    I shall keep a steely eye out for bats bearing ballast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the world of "Ignorant Ornithology"!

    OSM

    ReplyDelete