Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Wild Oats Part One

I have been living in the sewing basket lately, for Love and money:

the Kid's winter coat


My friend Elf's coat, he's a dapper mountain man

And my friend Elf's pants, because he's also an earthbender
these pants nearly kicked my ass, I tell ya. Never thought I'd get then done


Kimono for the Kid

The big Boro blanket has become all-consuming to the point that it warrants its own post; stay posted.
every stitch a delightful waste of time



Reworked my Dad's old moccasins (After and Before) into the Houseshoes of Slack,
to which he responds:

"Those shoes !
Resurrected !
Formerly a work of the most cheaply paid coolies, now transformed into a work of art that reminds me of the ancient skills of dedicated artisans who built and painted the great pyramids, the Roman colossus, engineered the worlds' first telescope with delicate, precise curvatures to match the natural state of the earth within a galactic state of magnification - yes - all this you've accomplished by rejuvenating the humble moccasin, transforming them into a wonderful kaleidoscope of colours in binding and decoration. The wearer of these coverings would be the envy of every right-thinking bipedalian. Nice work !"
The hairy parts of the moccasins got repurposed further into a finger tab for the kid's new bow.
New, as in she got it for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment